Bikes on Tehran metro
In order to reduce air pollution and to institutionalize cycling, Tehran Urban and Suburban Railway Operation Company (TUSROC) has provided the customers an opportunity to use bicycles. It also tries to expand general knowledge in this field. Since 2018, the plan of “integrating metro and bicycle” has been performed.
TUSROC helps riders, especially owning folding bikes, to do their intercity trips by using some rules.
The rules of carrying bicycles in Tehran metro:
- Carrying folding bicycles into metro is legal in every day of the week except at peak times of Saturdays to Thursdays from 6:30 to 9:30 and 16:00 to 19:00.
- The dimensions of these bicycles should be 30* 60* 90 cm.
- Carrying ordinary bicycles into metro is legal in every day of the week after 20:00, in public holidays and the first thirteen days of Nowruz, in all hours.
- Nobody is responsible for disobeying the safety rules in all trains and stations but bike riders.
- Carrying bikes with escalators and elevators in metro stations is forbidden.
- Riders’ clothing should be in accordance with the general custom of the society.
- Bike riders should pay attention not to annoy other passengers.
- Bicycle riding is forbidden in all stations and the riders are just allowed to carry the bikes.
- Bike riders should observe safety rules to keep themselves and other passengers safe.
- Carrying electric powered bicycles in working mode is prohibited in metro.
- It is forbidden to leave bicycles in the trains and stations, and their owners should restrain them.
- Riders should only use the train cars with the label of “bicycle”.